lkimble

lkimble

What a cute retelling of The Three Little Pigs!

The True Story of the 3 Little Pigs - Jon Scieszka, Lane Smith

The True Story of The 3 Little Pigs! is a cute retelling of the original version. In this story, the wolf is telling the story, his story, the "true story of what really happened". The wolf was baking his granny a birthday cake when he realized he needed some more sugar. The wolf also had a terrible sneezing cold. The wolf set out to ask his neighbors (pigs) for some sugar. However, when he arrived to the first two homes, no one seemed to be home and the wolf sneezed a great sneeze and blew the pigs' houses down and then ate them. When he arrived at the last pig's home, the pig told the wolf to go away. The wolf sneezed a great sneeze, but nothing happened. That pig called the cops and the wolf got taken in because his story did not seem real or exciting. The wolf said he was framed.

I really thought that this story was a great twist to the original version. I could use this in my classroom for comparing/contrasting two different versions of the same story. This could be intended for grades 2-4.